Making a perfect speech takes a bit of practice, but once you understand you will never make a bad speech again. So follow these steps and prepare to amaze your audience!
- Information on your topic
- Stationary (Pens, pencils, ect)/computer
- An audience
- (Optional- if you are speaking to a larger audience you will need a microphone.
- Take your research and type it up/write it down onto palm sized cards. These should not have your word for word speech on them.
- Read, re-read and re-re-read your cards and practice your speech many times. By the end of your rehearsals you should know your speech of by heart.
- When performing, you should always remember to:
a) Project your voice
b) Make eye contact with your audience and do not look at your cue cards too often.
c) Stand still, straight and don’t fidget.
d) Speak clearly- don’t stutter and don’t go too slow or fast.
4. When you have finished speaking stand for a while in case people want to ask questions. Also if you rush off it will be as if you want it all to be over.