5 Big Questions- Literature Circles

In class we do something called Literature Circles. It is where we have one book to read in a group of around seven and we all have different roles. They are Tally Master, Discussion Director, Connector, Passage Master, Captain/Contessa Comprehension and Word Watcher. The book my group read was Chinese Cinderella by Adeline Yen Mah.

These are the 5 Big Questions that my group and I answered.

What makes this book good?

Some of the depth in some scenes could have been elaborated on. Apart from this it cannot really be changed because it is a true story.

What would make this a better book?

This is a good book because it has lots of depth and a different mix of emotions. It is also quite easy to connect to characters feelings

What is the most important thing the author wants you to know?

I think Adeline Yen Mah wanted us to know that not everyone is as lucky as we are. She also wanted us to know that even when all seems lost keep trying again and again.

Why did the writer write this book?

To give hope to all children who are despised and treated cruelly in their families.

What does the audience need to know to understand and enjoy this book?

The audience needs to know that this is a true story. If I had not known this when I was reading the book I would not have cried as many times as I did.