Spelling – Term 4 Week 6 (Week beginning 10th November 2014)
Allience- a joining of several parties for a common cause
Territory- an area for a group of people
Researcher- someone who researches to get information
Antarctica- a continent at the bottom of the world.
For each word in your list that can be made a plural, show how the spelling changes, and the rule used to change that word.
E.g Puppy changes to Puppies (rule: drop the y and add ies)
drop the y and add ies
Following on from our lesson the other week, put the following sound twins (homophones) into a correct sentence:
– Look! Over there! The house I’ve been telling you about!
– That’s their house. The one with the yellow buggie!
– Did you hear? They’re moving house!
– Oh, I’ve got some homework to do.
– Oh, I’ve got too much homework to do!
– Oh, I’ve got two sheets of homeworm to do!
– They’re only being fair. That’s the rules of the game.
– You must pay the fare to see the game.
– Where are they?! They’re coming to my house after school!
– I’ e got to to find them! They are going to help me to pick out what to wear!
– Have you seen them? We’re supposed to be walking home!
– I’m going to basketball practice!
– I’m going to practise basketball.
Due Friday 14th November.